Sacramento is the capital city of California and has a variety of public transportation options that allow residents and visitors to easily navigate the city. Whether you're looking to travel by bus, light rail, or bike share, Sacramento has a transportation option that will meet your needs. In this blog, we will highlight some of the best public transportation options in Sacramento.
Sacramento Regional Transit District (RT)
1. The Sacramento Regional Transit District (RT) is the primary provider of public transportation in the Sacramento area. RT offers bus and light rail services throughout the city, with frequent and reliable schedules. The light rail system connects many of the major destinations in the city, including downtown, Old Sacramento, and the Sacramento State University campus.
2. SmaRT Ride is an on-demand, curb-to-curb shuttle service offered by the Sacramento Regional Transit District (RT). The service allows riders to request a ride through a mobile app or by phone, and the shuttle will pick them up and drop them off at their desired location within the service area. SmaRT Ride is a convenient option for those who need a ride to or from a transit hub or for short trips within a specific area.
3. Jump Bikes is a bike-share program that offers electric bikes for rent throughout the city of Sacramento. The bikes can be rented through a mobile app and can be picked up and dropped off at any of the designated bike racks throughout the city. The electric bikes make it easy to travel longer distances or up hills without breaking a sweat.
4. Zipcar is a car-sharing program that allows members to rent a car by the hour or by the day. Zipcar has several locations throughout Sacramento, making it easy to rent a car for a quick trip or for a longer period of time. The service is a convenient option for those who don't own a car or need a second car for a short period of time.
5. Amtrak offers train services throughout California, with several stops in Sacramento. The train services make it easy to travel to other cities in the state, including San Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego. The train services also offer amenities such as dining cars and Wi-Fi, making it a comfortable and convenient way to travel.
In conclusion, Sacramento offers a variety of public transportation options that are reliable, convenient, and affordable. Whether you're looking to travel by bus, light rail, bike share, or car share, there is a transportation option in Sacramento that will meet your needs. We hope this list of the best public transportation options in Sacramento helps you navigate the city more easily.
Stay up to date on the latest real estate trends.
The top 7 best holiday activities that the city of Folsom has to offer!
You’ve got questions and we can’t wait to answer them.