Sacramento, California's capital city, is a vibrant and bustling city with plenty to see and do. Whether you're a history buff, a foodie, or an outdoor enthusiast, there's something for everyone. Here are the top 10 things to do in Sacramento, CA:
- Catch a basketball game at the King's Golden One Center Arena. After the game, head over to the Downtown Commons (DOCO) to continue the fun. Here, you can enjoy a delicious dinner and drinks at one of the many restaurants and bars. With its lively atmosphere and stunning views, DOCO is the perfect place to cap off a memorable evening in Sacramento.
- Visit the California State Capitol - The California State Capitol is a stunning building that serves as the seat of government for the state of California. Visitors can take a free guided tour of the Capitol building and learn about California's political history.
- Explore Old Sacramento - Old Sacramento is a historic district that dates back to the Gold Rush era. Visitors can stroll through the cobblestone streets, visit museums, and take a ride on a historic steam train.
- Visit the Crocker Art Museum - The Crocker Art Museum is the oldest art museum in the western United States and features a collection of American and European art.
- Visit the California State Railroad Museum - The California State Railroad Museum is a museum dedicated to the history of rail transportation in California. Visitors can see historic locomotives and train cars and learn about the history of railroads in California.
- Visit the Sutter's Fort State Historic Park - Sutter's Fort State Historic Park is a restored 1840s adobe fort that was once the center of California's pioneer life. Visitors can learn about California's early history and see how early settlers lived.
- Explore the California Automobile Museum - The California Automobile Museum features a collection of over 150 cars and motorcycles from the early 1900s to the present day. Visitors can learn about the history of the automobile and see some of the most iconic cars in history.
- Visit the Sacramento Zoo - The Sacramento Zoo is a 14-acre zoo that is home to over 500 animals from around the world. Visitors can see everything from giraffes to tigers and learn about conservation efforts.
- Visit the California State Indian Museum - The California State Indian Museum is a museum dedicated to the history and culture of California's Native American tribes. Visitors can see artifacts and exhibits that showcase the rich history of California's indigenous people.
- Enjoy Fairytale Town, a magical destination for families with young children. This storybook-themed park features 25 playsets based on classic fairy tales and nursery rhymes, including Cinderella's pumpkin carriage, Jack and Jill's hill, and the Three Little Pigs' house. Children can run, climb, and explore to their heart's content, while parents can relax in the beautiful gardens and picnic areas.
In conclusion, Sacramento, CA, has something for everyone. Whether you're interested in history, art, or outdoor recreation, there's plenty to see and do in this vibrant city. So, pack your bags and come experience all that Sacramento has to offer!
If you want to learn more about events happening in Sacramento go to Visit Sacramento